Welcome to Equity Access


Download PIQ
Click here to download a blank PIQ to complete

  >>  PIQ Document

Please return your completed PIQ to the following email address:

Contact Details
01902 765050


Frequently Asked Questions

Do all properties need a HIP?

Most standard properties need a HIP but there are some exceptions, You do not need a Home Information Pack for:
  • Properties where there is no marketing, for example if you are selling to a member of your family
  • Non-residential properties
  • Properties limited by law to use as holiday accommodation or occupation for less than 11 months per year
  • Mixed sales, for example a shop with flat
  • Sales of portfolios of properties, for example selling two properties together
  • Properties not being sold with completely vacant possession, for example with a sitting tenant
  • Unsafe properties and properties due to be demolished
  • Properties sold through the 'Right to Buy', 'Right to Acquire' and 'HomeBuy' home ownership schemes

Why do you need a HIP?

A HIP is a set of documents that provides the buyer with key information on the property and must be provided by the seller or the seller's agent. It is a legal requirement to have a HIP and you can't market your property without one. The HIP lets buyers see important information about the property at the start of the process, free of charge. This means there is less chance of buyers becoming aware of any surprises at the end of the process. The HIP can help reduce delays and extra expense to the buyer and seller.

What does a HIP contain?

The HIP is made up of required (compulsory) and authorised (optional) items.

Compulsory documents:

The following documents must be included in your HIP:

Freehold properties
  • Home Information Pack Index
  • Property Information Questionnaire (PIQ)
  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA)
  • Sustainability information (required for newly built homes)
  • Sale statement
  • Evidence of title
  • Standard searches (local authority and drainage and water)

Leasehold properties
  • All the compulsory documents above
  • A copy of the lease

Commonhold properties
  • All the compulsory documents above
  • Official copy of the individual register and title plan for the common parts
  • Commonhold community statement referred to in the register.

Optional documents:

Other documents can be included within your HIP, but these are optional. If they are included, it could help to speed up the sale and ensure that the process goes more smoothly. These include:
  • Home Condition Report
  • Legal summary
  • Home use/contents form
  • Other documents like specialist searches (for example, a mining search in a mining area)

Do new builds need a HIP?

Yes. You need to provide a HIP for newly built properties.

Can my property fail the domestic energy assessment?

No, you do not pass or fail the domestic energy assessment. Your property will be assigned a grade between A - G depending on how energy efficient it is. This will be included within the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and will include ways on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home.

How long will the HIP last?

Providing you are continually marketing your property, and you do not take it off the market, your HIP will last for as long as it takes to sell your property.

My house has been on the market before HIPs came in. If I change Estate Agents now, do I have to get a HIP?

If your house has not been taken off the market i.e. continuous marketing has occured, then no, you will not need to commission a HIP. If however, there was a break in marketing you will need to supply a HIP.

Privacy Policy